About Jenika

My Photo
Jenika is a nurse, mother and wife. She lives in the too hot northeast with her husband and their two children. Thankfully, her husband shares her unusual sense of humor and naughty nature. Writing is Jenika's number one passion, but since life gets in the way, she isn't able to write full-time (at least not yet.) Jenika writes erotic paranormal, contemporary and sci/fi romances. Her publishing houses are Siren-BookStrand, Total-E-Bound, Passion in Print, and Evernight publishing. Jenika started writing at a very young age. Her first story consisted of a young girl who traveled to an exotic island and found a magical doll. That story as long since disappeared, but her passion for writing has stayed strong Jenika loves to hear from readers, and encourages them to contact her and give their feedback.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Guest author, Victoria Blisse

Who is Victoria Blisse?

Victoria Blisse is a mother, wife, Christian, Manchester United fan and erotica writer. She is equally at home behind a laptop or a cooker and she loves to create stories, poems, cakes and biscuits that make people happy.

She was born near Manchester, England and her northern English quirkiness shows through in all of her stories. Passion, love and laughter fill her works, just as they fill her busy life.


Tasty tidbits about Victoria Blisse


Do you write under a pseudonym?
Yes, because my real last name is not particularly pretty!

What is your favorite season?
Autumn because I love the colours and the crisp, frosty air. I love how it looks like the sun has dripped down from the sky and turned the treetops to those same warm, sunny colours.
What is your favorite movie?
I love Flash Gordon. It was the first video we got when we had an old Betamax video player when I was around seven or eight. I watched it over and over and I still have to watch it if I flick through the channels and it’s on. I also know a good chunk of the script.

Have you ever gone commando (no underwear)?
 Knickers and I have a love/hate relationship. You can’t beat a slinky or lacy pair to get you in the mood but I can’t do with them riding into places they should never go. So yes, I’ve gone commando a time or two!

How old are you?
I’m thirty-two. Not old enough or young enough to announce my age with pride to anyone who will listen to me!



Q & A with Victoria

What genre/s do you write?
Allsorts! I stick to contemporary quite often but sometimes I stray into the paranormal. I’m rather enjoying exploring vampires and werewolves and such. There is something addictive about playing with fantastical beasts!

What made you decide to write the genre you do?
I write erotic romance because I’m good at it, she says modestly, no I think I have quite a knack for it. I’ve tried writing romance and my characters always want to get jiggy with it and who am I to stop them?

When not writing, what hobbies/interests do you have?
I love to cook and especially to bake. I have so many cookery books and four A4 sized journals filled with my own hand written recipes. I find it therapeutic and I love the smiles on people’s faces when they bite into something I’ve made and enjoy it!
I enjoy sewing and crafty things too. I’m not particularly good at it, but I do enjoy messing around with my sewing machine or with salt dough and glitter and such things!
I also love to read, especially fantasy and Terry Pratchett and David Gemell are two of my very favourite authors.

Was there a specific author/individual that inspired you to become a writer?
My husband. He’s encouraged me all along the way and he was the first person to tell me I had a talent for the erotic and the romantic.  I certainly wouldn’t be the published, award winning writer I am now without him.

What is your latest book about? When did/does it come out?
My latest book is Stopping Point, the second book in the Point Vamp series. It’s all about a lad named Josh who becomes a vampire without really knowing what has happened to him. You get to know Josh, his best mates and Cara, Josh’s crazy Sire. To find out more check out this link:

Was there anything that inspired you to write it?
Well, with it being the second book of a series, the first book, The Point was of course the source of my inspiration. Josh and his two pals make a very brief appearance in The Point and I knew as I wrote them in that I’d have to give them all their own books.

How old were you when you started writing?
I have always loved to write. I’ve written stories and poetry since I was little but I didn’t write anything particularly seriously until I was twenty and my husband encouraged me to give it a go.

What is your writing day like?
 I’m a full time mum and wife and have a lot of motherly duties to do during the day so my writing tends to happen first thing in the morning when I get up. Most days I wake up between 5.30 and 6.00 am and I’ll write until I have to get my daughter up for school about 7.30am. I occasionally write in the day if inspiration has hit or if I’m trying to make a deadline I can write late into the night, but I’m not a pretty sight the day after if I do that.

 Do you think there is a difference between making love and having sex?
 Yes, I think so but both things are good in their own right. Making love is a soul deep kind of thing with lots of cuddles and kisses and is not all about sexual gratification. Having sex is rawer, I think and is very much about reaching orgasm and having as much physical pleasure as possible.  I think both are essential in a relationship.

What is your current project?
I’m working on Point Vamp Book three which will be Kyle’s story. Kyle is one of Josh’s mate but he’s kinda shy and a bit naïve, which is an interesting combination for a vampire.

I want to thank Victoria for taking the time to answer these questions.

Read below for an exciting excerpt from book 2 in the Point Vamp Series!



Where can Victoria be found?

Htttp://www.victoriablisse.co.uk





Read a blurb for Victoria Blisse’s newest story,
Stopping Point



Book two in the Point Vamp Series

Josh is a vampire he just doesn't quite know it yet.

He is confused and his voluptuous sire, Cara is far too busy being mysterious to really help him unlock the secrets of his Afterlife. However, he pieces it together by himself and decides to turn his best mates into Vampires too. This doesn't quite go to plan but he does discover The Point and its unique, ten-second rule.

Cara does not approve of Josh visiting The Point but that night she turns up at his door bloodied and much more dead than usual, and accepts Josh's help to escape from her much older and much crazier Sire Leopold. How is Josh going to defeat an older, wiser and more powerful vampire? He hasn't a clue but for Cara he is willing to find out.

Reader Advisory: This book contains scenes of blood shed. This book is best read as part of a series, but it may also be read as a stand alone title.

Excerpt:

“Fuck, bitch, get away from me, you’re evil.”
“Yes, dear, I am but so are you,” she leant forward and pressed her lips to his. Instantly he felt an electric buzz as her cold lips moulded with his. Her hands travelled around his neck and he found himself pulling her closer. His arms wrapped around her waist. There was an uncontrollable urge to be with this woman, to hold her, to kiss her, to fuck her. It was sick, she’d just called herself his mum but he couldn’t resist.
“You’re experiencing the call of your blood, darling. It is mine in you and your body recognises it. It’s sexy isn’t it? Your cock is hard and straining. Mmmm, this is as good as they said it would be.”


Available at:


2 comments: