About Jenika

My Photo
Jenika is a nurse, mother and wife. She lives in the too hot northeast with her husband and their two children. Thankfully, her husband shares her unusual sense of humor and naughty nature. Writing is Jenika's number one passion, but since life gets in the way, she isn't able to write full-time (at least not yet.) Jenika writes erotic paranormal, contemporary and sci/fi romances. Her publishing houses are Siren-BookStrand, Total-E-Bound, Passion in Print, and Evernight publishing. Jenika started writing at a very young age. Her first story consisted of a young girl who traveled to an exotic island and found a magical doll. That story as long since disappeared, but her passion for writing has stayed strong Jenika loves to hear from readers, and encourages them to contact her and give their feedback.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Guest author, Wendi Zwaduk

 Welcome guest author, Wendi Zwaduk




~Who is Wendi?~


I always dreamed of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I tend to write books with titles taken from songs because music is one of my many muses.
I earned a BA in education at Kent State university and as well as a Masters in Education from Nova Southeastern University. I've tried my hand at teaching, waitressing, and retail sales, but writing holds my heart.
I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I have six books under contract and more than my brain can handle percolating. I can't wait to share them with you!




~Tasty tidbits about Wendi~


What is your favorite season?
Fall

What is your favorite movie?
 Field of Dreams

What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Chevy Truck

What is your favorite color?
Blue

How many pieces of jewelry do you wear on a daily basis?
10 pieces



~Q&A with Wendi~


What genre/s do you write?
Contemporary, Paranormal, Erotica

What made you decide to write the genre you do?
The characters said, we want the bedroom door wide open and want to be able to play in whichever manner our kinky fantasies lead. I couldn’t tell them no.

When not writing, what hobbies/interests do you have?
Art! I love to draw and paint, especially animals, even if they are wiggly and won’t sit still. Although it seems odd, there is something calming about being able to lose myself in the act of creating a drawing and making the colors blend to create the perfect image.

What is your latest book about?
“You’ll Think of Me” is my latest book.

When does it come out?
It comes out November 22nd. It’s about a soldier who is taciturn by nature, coming home after being severely injured during time in Iraq. He wants to be with the woman he loves, but she’s about to move out. It’s up to him to convince her he loves her and convince himself he’s worth loving.

Sounds wonderful! Was there anything that inspired you to write it?
A very good friend of mine is in the Air Force and I thought about all the times he’s been overseas. There’s so much he’s seen that only someone in his position can understand. It takes a special person to be with that kind of person. Once I started writing Cade, I realized he was a very sexually dominant person, so it made the story all the hotter. I mean, guys in uniform and sweltering sex, who could ask for more?

I couldn’t agree with you more! If you could pick any celebrities to play your main characters in a movie, who would they be and why?
 I can never decide who I want to play the heroines in my stories. I suck at that. Heroes? Gotcha covered. Seth Donovan from “Learning How to Bend” would be played by Ryan Carnes—he’s been seen in bit parts and indie movies. Nate Waterford from “Must Be Doing Something Right” would be Josh Hamilton. I loved him as a snarky lawyer on “Law and Order”. Storm Richardson from “My Immortal” would be Jonathan Togo from “CSI: Miami”. He does the gruff yet soft look really well.

Does your family know about your writing career?
Yes.

If so what do they say about it?
 Some are happy. Others wish I’d written something more “thought provoking” or with “more slasher qualities”. *Sigh* Can’t win them all. But my DH is completely supportive and loves to tell everyone he’s my research partner.

Sounds like something my husband would say J. Do you have a favorite author/s?
I have lots of favorite authors. Probably too many to name, but here goes: Anne Rainey, Michelle Witvliet, Ashley Ladd, MA Ellis, Desiree Holt, Lora Leigh, Kresley Cole, Kealie Shay, and yes, Jenika Snow.


Wow, I made your fav author list. I am honored! Do you think there is a difference between making love and having sex?
Yes.
Making love means you are with a person you want to be with and expressing how you feel about that person while in the act of having sex. Making love means staying up all night and into the next day expressing deep seeded need for each other.
Having sex is insert tab A into slot B. Having sex is ‘let’s get this over with so I can go to sleep’.
     

Funny. Well said. Why did you choose your particular publisher to go with?
Word of mouth and covers. Originally when I chose Total-E-Bound, I went because I knew a number of authors with the publisher and they encouraged me to send my work there. Then I looked at the covers. I am a cover whore. If a book has a lousy cover... I won’t buy. Sorry. I’m a snob in that regard. I tend to look at the covers and then blurbs. If the cover doesn’t match the blurb, it irks the dickens out of me, but if the blurb catches my attention, I’ll buy. The best combo is a fantastic cover and a great blurb. Total-E-Bound fit the bill for me. I’ve had great luck with my editor there as well. Granted, she’s not taken everything I’ve written—nope. She’s worked with me on things she saw promise. I loved the give and take we have and hope to work with her for a long time.

As a fellow TEB author, I have to agree with you totally! I want to thank Wendi for taking the time to answer my questions. Read below for Wendi's newest releases!






Find Wendi at…



Find out Wendi Zwaduk’s newest release below…


~My Immortal~




~Available at Total-E-Bound~



~Blurb~

What’s a girl to do when she finds out the man of her dreams is a 340 year old vampire?
Run like hell or offer her heart.
Being a vampire hasn’t been easy for Storm Richardson. He’s not programmed to kill or harm, unless he needs to feed. When he meets Stephanie “Stevie” Persing, he knows he’s found his mate. But if he crosses the line between work and play, he risks losing the only person who matters—her.
Stevie’s been in love with Storm since the moment she laid eyes on him. He’s brooding, intense, and her one weakness. But is her heart too steep a price to pay for his love, especially when she discovers his deepest secrets?
  
This book contains minimal scenes of rape in a flashback. Includes smoking’ hot sex in a hot tub, a pickup truck, and the shower.

~Excerpt~

“Storm, we’re working the Chatty Catty Club tonight to catch Bruce Tripp in the act. Edie’s ready to rip me apart because we haven’t produced any damning pictures. Doesn’t your friend Falco bounce there?”
Storm frowned and glared out the window at the illuminated main drag of New Haven, Ohio. The neon highlighted the front row of stores and the silvery sidewalk stretching into the distance, but he didn’t need the enhanced lighting.
Being a vampire hyper charged his senses. He could see things at great distances, feel the tiniest pinprick on his supersensitive skin, and hear every conversation in a crowded bar. He didn’t need the work as a private investigator—being immortal gave him a lot of time to save up his resources. Then again, to stay under the radar, he didn’t stick to one profession for more than a few years. Blending in worked just fine, until he met Stevie.
Stevie managed to whip his sense of smell and taste into warp drive. The sweet scent of her fear knotted his insides. He didn’t want her to be afraid when they were on the cusp of catching yet another cheating spouse. What was the true reason for her apprehension? He yearned to climb into her mind and help ease her fears.
For the night to go smoothly, he needed to pull his thoughts away from Stevie and continue mentally prepping. Their current client, the ever-exciting Edie Tripp, was just that—a trip and a pain in the ass. She made his brain ache. She suspected her husband of cheating with his secretary and wanted Storm and Stevie to catch him in the act, or as close to ripping the sheets as possible.
He needed something to get his mind off the pesky woman and the lousy way he was about to spend a perfectly beautiful Friday night.
“So, will Todd be there?” Stevie asked, her voice tinged with annoyance. “You didn’t answer me.”
“Yes, sweetheart. Todd’s the bouncer, and yes, he’ll be there.” Storm smirked. His friend and fellow vampire, Todd Falco, could crush iron with his bare hands.
At the traffic signal, Stevie screeched to a halt. She turned to him and rolled her eyes. “You know what I meant, Storm. Do you think he could get us through the line faster? I hate to wait in heels. Then again, you know how much I hate working in heels to begin with.”
Storm rubbed his jaw, blotting out a smile. She hated anything but comfy sneakers or good old socks. Unfortunately, clubbing required sexy clothing and footwear. Whether she was comfy or not, she looked darn cute jacked up four inches in knee-high boots.
“If we cut in line, honey, then we’ll give ourselves away. The point is to blend in, so don’t worry about the heels. You’ll be able to sit at the bar. Allan’s waiting on you to give you the scoop about our clients.”
Like it was possible for him to disappear in the crowd; he was a freaking vampire. A bloodsucker and damned sex fiend.
He couldn’t blend in if he tried.
Women clung to him in droves, claiming they liked his raw sex appeal. He never understood the draw. When he looked in the mirror, all he saw was a monster in expensive clothing longing to regain his humanity.
Stevie stuck out her bottom lip in a pout and distracted him from his pity-party. “Fine, but this time, you’d better act like you want to be there with me. The only attention I got Tuesday night came from the tacky bartender and what he wanted was a better tip. Fortunately, Allan’s more of a gentleman. Still, we aren’t acting like a convincing team when you pretend I don’t exist.”
Storm frowned. Oh, she existed and blocked out the image of every other woman in the room. She inhabited his dirtiest fantasies each time he closed his eyes. In his latest dream, he wanted to throw Stevie against the nearest wall and make love to her until they both screamed with delight.
He couldn’t tear his eyes away from her. But then Stevie never saw that because of the never-ending line of women dogging his heels. What would she say if he finally told her the truth? She had an open mind. When he asked her about ghosts, she claimed to believe they existed.
Vampires were people, too…
Storm clenched his jaw. His heart thudded and fear thundered through his veins. The reason he kept his identity secret was the sheer terror of knowing she’d run screaming into the night if she knew.

Check out an upcoming release by Wendi

~You’ll Think of Me~





~Blurb~

The man of her dreams finally came home from the war, but is he still the man she remembers or have his demons changed him forever?
  Melanie Roberts has loved her best friend more than she could ever imagine, and for longer than she wants to admit. Though once lovers, she's resigned herself to being no more than his best friend and roommate. On the eve of his return from deployment in Iraq, in order to keep her heart from breaking, she's moving on -- after one last sexy night.
Cade Nicholson has come to a decision. As he comes home damaged in both body and soul from his latest deployment, all he wants is to find comfort in Melanie's arms. Unsure, and unsteady in expressing his love to the only woman to hold his heart, he has to find a way to convince her of his true feelings.
Can two best friends overcome their demons to prove their love for one another before past decisions come back to haunt them and it’s too late?


Excerpt:
Twisting from the collective embrace, she eyeballed each man. Rhett could stop traffic with his rugged boy-next-door good looks, well-placed tattoos, and electric blue eyes. None of that mattered. Cade commanded her full attention. His six-foot frame towered over her, though she never felt threatened. From his spiky black hair to his toned legs, he was her hero. If he only knew how wet she was with nothing more than a hug and husky words grazing her ear.
Melanie stood on her tippy-toes. She slid her hands along Cade’s body to cup the back of his head, partially to hug him, but more to make sure her Airman was real. Three months back, the national television news reported brutal attacks, including the bombing which took their good friend Dell’s life.
After seeing the frontline footage, Melanie wondered how anyone made it through the incident without major injury.  She thanked God each day no one came to her door to tell her if Cade or Rhett were hurt. Although Cade stopped writing over three months ago, Rhett’s letters kept her up to date on the extent of Cade’s injuries and the progress of his recovery from the second bombing. Still, seeing Cade in the flesh reassured her more than all Rhett’s written words offered.
Melanie cocked her head and considered him a moment. The jovial light, which normally sparkled in his eyes, seemed dim. Maybe he was just tired and needed a long rest. 
His arms laced tight around her body, sending another hot rush along her nerve endings. Tears pricked her eyes. She wasn’t sure if she should smother him with kisses, belt him on the arm, or a combination of both. Why not tell him how she felt? She licked her lips and swallowed hard to buy a moment to think. “You asked if I was your girl. I doubt I’m enough to satisfy you.”
Cade shifted. His expression was stark. She chewed her bottom lip for a moment. She couldn’t quite pinpoint the problem, but something about Cade wasn’t right. He seemed stiff and despondent as he stared at the ground. Did he see something in Afghanistan he couldn’t shake? Or someone? She shoved the thought aside. He lived for the ménages with Rhett. “Cade, am I your only girl for this furlough?”
Although a sly grin curled the corner of his mouth, his gaze slid to the bank of windows to the left. “I could be convinced.”

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Jenika. Great presentation. Glad to be here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jenika and Wendi! Great interview! Wow, Wendi! You're quite prolific! Do you work on all six stories at once? Or do you do them sequentially, finishing one before moving onto the next? How do you keep everything straight? How fantastic for us readers that you have so many fabulous ideas! Will be looking forward to lots of good stuff to read, and in the meantime, I can catch up on your back list!

    Thanks for sharing some of your visual inspirations--it's fun to hear what an author had in mind for her characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with flchen1. Wendi has some great stories and ideas that I am sure will be and are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All six at once? Sounds like the start of a menage story (sneaking away to write the idea down in a notebook), but no, I didn't write them all at the same time. Learning How to Bend was written over a year ago. It's follow-up, Must Be Doing Something Right, was written because I wanted to do something with the third person in the menage (sounds like a theme here). And the follow up to that, Tangled Up was written because my lovely editor asked me to write a story for Arran because she loved him. You'll Think of Me is actually older than Learning How to Bend, but it took a bit longer to get it into shape. I started My Immortal for NaNo last year and shelved it to get LHTB and MBDSR ionto shape. But, with all that said, I do tend to have mulitple manuscripts going at one time because the characters all shout at once. I've learned to live with it. Thanks for the interview Jenika and thanks to flchen1 for stopping by!

    W

    ReplyDelete